Monday, April 4, 2011

faith&desire



Who loves pearls?  Meee!!!!

Yes, I am one of the rare species of women that would rather wear a necklace of these pretty little gemstones than a pair of diamond earrings.  Don't get me wrong, diamonds are great too.  But there's just something about the pearl that appeals to my eye.

I've been trying to find a nice pair of pearl earrings here lately.  Believe it or not, it hasn't been easy either.  However, my wonderful grammy gave me a pair yesterday.  They're beautiful!  And for some reason, they make me feel beautiful too.  We all have some sort of clothing or accessory or hairstyle that just makes us feel better about ourselves, and this is my latest.

So, being the person I am, I decided to look up the meaning to this gemstone.

"The symbol of feminine wisdom."

Makes sense, doesn't it?  I mean, what kind of a girl do you think of wearing pearls?  I think of a girl in a black and white photograph, hair up in a bun, dark eyeliner.  Classy.  Wise.

The pearl is said to represent honesty, purity, wisdom, and integrity.  Something about these traits though, they are becoming so difficult to find.  Think about it.  Count the people you know that shows each of these traits frequently.  Not many?  Me niether.  I have decided that that is the girl that I want to be.  I want to be honest.  I want to be pure.  I want to be wise.  And I want to preserve my integrity.

Who's with me?

No comments:

Post a Comment