Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Lost dreams, happy memories.



I had the strangest dream.

A previous boyfriend, who was once my best friend and helped me through depression was mine again.

Now believe me, I have no feelings for him anymore, however, this dream...

He was sitting with his face so near to me, whispering into my ear repeatedly, "I want to murder you, my dear."

Rather than being taken back by the mortifying words, I blushed and my heart burst, sending warmth through my veins.

What?  Why?

I do not know.  Dreams can be messy.

I awoke with sadness, relief, and confusion.

Sadness, because he is no longer making me smile.  Relief, for I did not make the mistake of taking him to be mine again.  And confusion because...well..."I want to murder you, my dear?"  What the hell?

The words are poisionous, as were his actions.  Lips to my ear, so close, wanting.

That's what he truly did too, not just in dreams.  He didn't say he wanted to murder me, he sweet  talked me.  But it was poisonous, nonetheless, because he didn't mean what he said.  He created an illusion in my mind that I was being loved, when really, he was only looking out for himself.  He whispered poison into my ears and allowed my heart to shoot fireworks up through my brain.

Clever.

No comments:

Post a Comment