Tuesday, June 14, 2011

The Power of a Storm.

She sings her last verse.
His eyes speak "Fall apart, baby."
She's trembling with her words,
Just trying to continue her singing.

The moon is hanging by a single string,
Ready to fall upon them...
But they aren't searching for the light of the moon.
They seek the glow of the stars.

Storm clouds collect,
Ever so powerfully.
Rain, rain.
Rain, rain.

Their love is a mess,
Like her unbrushed hair.
A beautiful disaster.
A broken happily ever after.

"Fall apart, baby."
He holds out his arms.
"I'll hold the pieces, baby."
But she will not be broken.

She crashes to the floor,
No love left for me.
I won't fall again.
It's never meant to be.

His footsteps fade,
And her heart hardens.
But their song,
It never ends.

"Fall apart, baby. I'll love you forever."

"You cannot fix me, baby. Never."

No comments:

Post a Comment